Restaurant Bar and Cafe Reviews

Restaurant Bar and Cafe Reviews
Restaurant Bar and Cafe Reviews

Friday 4 April 2014

Giorgio s Ristorante, Holland-on-Sea (2012)...

The restaurant looked very rustic and homely, and was spotlessly clean. The staff were immediately attentive; taking our coats on arrival. We’d booked a table for four but due to the bad weather forecast we needn’t have reserved a table as the place was half empty. I’m told that this is a rare event for a Saturday night, and I can believe that.

We were immediately offered drinks, and a basket of bread was placed on the table. The squares of butter were already on a dish on the table, which made spreading it much easier than if it’d come straight from a fridge. I’d been to their website during the afternoon to see what vegetarian options were on the menu (several items) so it didn’t take me long to order my meal.

I’d been surprised at the lack of pizza on the menu, considering it’s an Italian restaurant, but there was still a nice variety of dishes on the list.

I didn’t want a starter, but my companions all had one each, 1 king pawns, 1 melon with orange and 1 deep fried whitebait. They looked nicely presented and all 3 were very happy with their selections.

My main was spinach and ricotta tagliatelle, as it was (no salad or side order). While 2 of our group had steak and the remaining person had a pork dish. All meals drew positive comments for both presentation and taste. My pasta tasted fresh and was well cooked, in a tomato sauce. The steaks were cooked exactly as requested (1 medium and the other medium rare).

Onto deserts, and I opted for the fresh fruit salad, 1 ordered strawberries and ice cream, another had cheesecake while our final member wanted the lemon sorbet in a brandy snap basket. Again, presentation was very good and my fruit salad was delicious.

Coffees arrived, which finished off the meal nicely. Total cost was just under £100 which wasn’t a bad price at all.

Giorgio’s can cater for large groups as well as individuals, couples and small groups.

I’m told that the toilets were very clean, which I can believe considering how clean the restaurant itself was.

I’d be happy to return to this restaurant in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment